Rouinio
nadu winged wisdom and spellskite
le 11/06/2024 13:36
Hello,

I have on the battlefield, Nadu, Winged Wisdom and Spellskite
My opponent cast a spell that target my Nadu, for example a Lightning Bolt

Question 1 :
If i use my spellskite's abilty to redirect the bolt :
Does the Nadu's ability trigger twice ? One because Nadu is targeted and an other time because Spellskite is targeted ?

Question 2 :
Can i use twice (or more time) the spellskite ability to redirect the bolt on him ?
And then, Nadu ability will trigger as many times ?

Thank you for your help

haut de page - Les forums de MV >> Règles >> Discussion : page 1
Lox63
Clermont Ferrand, France
le 11/06/2024 14:30
Hello,

1) Spellskite ability is a replacement effects so the lighting bolt still has only one target. Nadu's ability trigger only once (from the spellskite).

2) You can pay the price as many time as you want, but it won't change the outcome.

Coro
S'il n'y a pas de solution, il n'y a pas de problème.

Légende
le 11/06/2024 14:32
Question 1 Yes.

Question 2 Yes, you can activate spellskite's ability more than once, but it won't do anything. Trying to redirect a spell whose only target is already spellskite has no effect. The ability from Nadu won't trigger this way.
Et ta sœur ?

Légende
le 11/06/2024 14:40
1 : Yes, when Bolt is cast targetting Nadu, Nadu's ability triggers, then when you activate and resolve Spellskite's ability, the Spellskite does become the target of a spell and so the ability granted by Nadu to the Spellskite triggers too

2 : You can activate Spellskite's ability multiple times but since it's already the target of the bolt after the first instance of the activated ability resolves, the target does not change, it does not become the target of the spell, so the triggered ability from Nadu won't trigger any additional times.
If you had multiple Spellskites, you could change the target of the Bolt back and forth and trigger their respective triggered ability granted by Nadu, but note that this ability has a restriction of triggering only twice each turn (for each creature, since they all have the ability)
Coro
S'il n'y a pas de solution, il n'y a pas de problème.

Légende
le 11/06/2024 14:41
Lox63 a écrit :
Spellskite ability is a replacement effect
It is not. Replacement effect is a technical word with a precise meaning in the rules and spellskite's ability does not match. It's not because it says "remplacez" in french (the english word here is "change") that it's a replacement effect. A replacement effect is often worded with "instead", for example "if [event], instead [other event]" like Alms Collector.
kumesana
le 11/06/2024 14:44
With question 1, beware.

Yes there will be two similar triggers, one for Nadu being targetted, and one for Spellskite becoming a target.

However, it is different abilities that trigger. Nadu gives a triggered ability to all creatures, including to itself. So all creatures have their own triggered ability on when they become a target.

In the context of question 1, Nadu's triggered ability (given by itself) triggered once when it was targeted by Lightning Bolt. And Spellskite's triggered ability (given by Nadu) triggered once when it became the target of Lightning Bolt. Both of them can have their ability trigger another time this turn.
Lox63
Clermont Ferrand, France
le 11/06/2024 15:05
Coro a écrit :
It is not. Replacement effect is a technical word with a precise meaning in the rules and spellskite's ability does not match. It's not because it says "remplacez" in french (the english word here is "change") that it's a replacement effect. A replacement effect is often worded with "instead", for example "if [event], instead [other event]" like Alms Collector.

Sorry, my bad.
haut de page - Les forums de MV >> Règles >> Discussion : page 1
Vous devez être identifié pour pouvoir poster sur les forums.